Jake Dixon seals remarkable maiden double in Knockhill
Jake Dixon followed up his maiden victory in the British Superbikes with another as he triumphed in Race 2 at Knockhill.
The 21-year-old roared into the lead off the startline, but made an error on lap five to allow Luke Mossey, James Ellison and Shane Byrne past.
Undeterred, Dixon went on the charge, quickly climbing back into third before producing two carbon copy overtakes on the Esses to retake the lead.
Dixon came home for a second win – this time holding back the tears that marked his Race 1 victory – with Ellison and Byrne finishing second and third respectively.
BRITISH SUPERBIKES - KNOCKHILL RACE 2
- 1. Jake Dixon (RAF Reserves Kawasaki)
- 2. James Ellison (McAMS Yamaha) +0.437s
- 3. Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.473s
- 4. Luke Mossey (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +2.201s
- 5. Josh Brookes (Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha) +4.610s
- 6. Dan Linfoot (Honda Racing) +5.502s
- 7. Jason O'Halloran (Honda Racing) +5.571s
- 8. Michael Laverty (McAMS Yamaha) +6.995s
- 9. Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +9.341s
- 10. Billy McConnell (Quattro Plant FS-3 Kawasaki) +10.022s