The Pistons blew the game wide open in the second quarter when they scored 40 points to take a 64-41 lead at the intermission.
"That was as good as it gets right there (in the second quarter)," the Pistons' Chauncey Billups said.
"Executing, getting stops, I mean shots were just going and we just really opened the game up."
Reserve forward Jarvis Hayes, who missed Thursday's practice because of food poisoning, scored all 13 of his points in the period, including three three-pointers.
"I got an easy basket when I first got in the game and that kind of triggers a lot of other stuff for me," Hayes said.
Tayshaun Prince added 15 points and Billups had 14 for the Pistons.
Jermaine O'Neal led the Pacers with 25 points.
* The Orlando Magic withstood a career-best equalling 48 points by Dwyane Wade in regulation and beat the Miami Heat 121-114 in overtime. Wade was shut out in overtime.
Dwight Howard had 29 points and 20 rebounds to pace the Magic. Hedo Turkoglu added 22, including five consecutive points in the extra session to give Orlando a 119-114 lead.
Miami's Daequan Cook sent the game into overtime with a three-pointer with 1.9 seconds to play.
* The Portland Trail Blazers rolled to their 12th straight win with a 109-98 home victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Brandon Roy paced the win with 22 points.
* Yao Ming's 22 points, 12 rebounds and five blocked shots paced the Houston Rockets to a 103-83 road win over the Memphis Grizzlies.
* Allen Iverson scored 39 points and Carmelo Anthony had 30 and the Denver Nuggets outran the Golden State Warriors for a 124-120 road win. Stephen Jackson had 32 and Baron Davis 29 for Golden State.
* Kobe Bryant had 31 points in three quarters of play as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz 123-109.
* Ben Gordon's 31 points keyed the Chicago Bulls to a 103-99 win over the visiting Milwaukee Bucks.
* Richard Jefferson scored 26 points and Vince Carter 24 to help the New Jersey Nets edge the Washington Wizards 109-106. Caron Butler contributed 28 and Antawn Jamison 27 for Washington.
* David West provided 20 points and 10 rebounds in the New Orleans Hornets' 99-85 road win over the Charlotte Bobcats. Chris Paul added 17 points and 11 assists. Jason Richardson scored 25 points for Charlotte.