Chris Eubank Jr. v Conor Benn finally set for London in April, says Turki Alalshikh - 'Biggest fight in British boxing'

Chris Byfield

Updated 15/01/2025 at 13:42 GMT

Chris Eubank Jr. will fight Conor Benn in London in April, General Entertainment Authority chair Turki Alalshikh has announced. The pair were initially meant to fight each other in October 2022, only for Benn to fail two drugs tests and have his licence removed by the British Boxing Board of Control. Benn's suspension was lifted by the National Anti-Doping Panel in November 2024.

‘Big things are happening’ – Eubank Jr confirms Benn fight ‘will happen’ in 2025

Video credit: Eurosport

Chris Eubank Jr. will finally fight Conor Benn in London, with the second-generation rivals set for an April showdown.
General Entertainment Authority chair Turki Alalshikh, who has staged a spate of fights under the Riyadh Season banner, confirmed that Eubank would take on Benn.
The duo's fathers, Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn, faced off twice in the 1990s - Eubank winning the first bout, and the second ending a draw.
Eubank Jr. and Benn were originally meant to fight each other in October 2022, only for the latter to fail two drugs tests and see his licence removed by the British Boxing Board of Control.
However, Benn’s suspension was lifted in November 2024 after the National Anti-Doping Panel said it was not "not comfortably satisfied" the welterweight had committed a doping offence.
In a post on X on Wednesday, Alalshikh wrote: "Eubank Jr vs Benn done in April, London."
Meanwhile, Benn posted a picture of himself signing a contract alongside promoter Eddie Hearn and Alalshikh.
He subsequently said on Instagram Live: "I am taking Eubank’s head clean off his shoulders. It’s going to be so brutal, it’s going to be so violent. Four rounds, bet your money on four rounds, I’ll take this clown’s head clean off."
Posting the same picture as his client, Hearn wrote: "The biggest fight in British boxing has been made."
Eubank has not yet confirmed whether he has signed a contract.
Since the cancelled fight, Eubank Jr. has lost to Liam Smith in 2023 and claimed a stoppage victory over Kamil Szeremeta in his only fight of 2024.
Benn, meanwhile, spent 525 days out of the ring before dispatching Rodolfo Orozco in September 2023 in Florida and Peter Dobson in Las Vegas last February, both by unanimous decision.
A sticking point between the fighters has been the weight class the pair would fight at, with Benn a welterweight and Eubank Jr. a middleweight. Indeed, Eubank Jr. had been determined to have this rescheduled fight in his division.
On Tuesday, Eubank Jr. accused Benn and Hearn of "trying to enforce a rehydration restriction" on him to make the fight happen.
Benn hit back by saying: "10lbs rehydration because I'm already fighting a middleweight but you want to get in the ring as a light-heavyweight? Making excuses already for when I staple you to the floor."
---
The streaming home for TNT Sports in the UK is discovery+, where fans can enjoy a subscription that includes TNT Sports, Eurosport and entertainment in one destination.
Join 3M+ users on app
Stay up to date with the latest news, results and live sports
Download
Share this article
Related Topics
Advertisement
Advertisement