Head-to-head record in Europe: no matches
Domestic head-to-head record (League, FA Cup and League Cup): Played: 147 - Wins: Manchester United 65, Chelsea 40, Draws 42
Previous European finals
Who won when
Manchester United: Played 3 Won 3
May 29 1968 European Cup v Benfica 4-1 (aet) in London
May 15 1991 Cup Winners Cup v Barcelona 2-1 in Rotterdam
May 26 1999 Champions League v Bayern Munich 2-1 in Barcelona
Chelsea : Played 2 Won 2
May 21 1971 Cup Winners Cup v Real Madrid 2-1 in Athens (after 1-1 draw aet in Athens on May 19)
May 13 1998 Cup Winners Cup v VfB Stuttgart 1-0 in Stockholm
Champions League record this season:
Manchester United - Played 12, Won 9, Drawn 3, Lost 0, Goals for 19, Against 5
Chelsea - Played 12, Won 6, Drawn 5, Lost 1, Goals for 19, Against 7
Leading CL 07-08 scorers:
Manchester United - Cristiano Ronaldo 7, Wayne Rooney 4, Carlos Tevez 4, Gerard Pique 2
Chelsea - Didier Drogba 6, Frank Lampard 3, Michael Ballack 2, Joe Cole 2
* Both teams have won every European final they have played in though this is Manchester United's third appearance in the prime competition but a first for Chelsea.
* Manchester United have not played a fellow English team in European competition for more than 40 years. The last such tie was against Everton in the third round of the Fairs Cup in 1964-65, United winning 3-2 on aggregate.
* The only other such occasion came the previous season when United beat holders Tottenham Hotspur 4-3 on aggregate in the second round of the Cup Winners Cup, losing 2-0 at White Hart Lane before winning the second leg 4-1 at Old Trafford.
* By contrast, Chelsea are constantly drawn against English opponents. They have played Liverpool eight times in the last four seasons, all in the Champions League, and met Arsenal twice in the same competition in the 2003-04 season. Before that they beat Manchester City at home and away in the 1971 Cup Winners Cup semi-finals. In 12 matches against English teams, they have won five and lost only two.
* None of Chelsea's team from their last European final, the Cup Winners Cup in 1998, remain in the squad.
* United have never scored in the first half of a final. Five of their eight goals in previous finals came in the second half, including, famously, two in time added on to beat Bayern in 1999, and three came in extra time against Benfica in 1968.
* Chelsea have never fallen behind in a final. They went ahead in both of their 1971 games against Real Madrid and scored the only goal against Stuttgart in 1998.
* Manchester United's only previous game in Moscow ended badly. They drew 0-0 after extra time with Torpedo in the first round of the UEFA Cup in 1991-92 and went out on penalties.
* Chelsea won their only previous match in Moscow, beating CSKA 1-0 in the 2004-05 Champions League group stage.
* United have not conceded a goal in their last five Champions League matches. It is 486 minutes since Karim Benzema gave Olympique Lyon the lead in the first leg of the knockout round on February 20 in France.
* United have kept clean sheets in eight of their 12 Champions League games this season. Chelsea have kept seven.
* The two teams will end the season as they started it back in August -- playing against each other. They met in the Community Shield curtain-raiser at Wembley Stadium on August 5 when United won 3-0 on penalties after a 1-1 draw.
Taylor confident of order in Moscow
Partizan recall Serbian duo