Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman has criticised the club's board, accusing his employers of not supporting him, while also unleashing an attack on the media.
Club president Joan Laporta told the media this week that changes were imminent, with local media reporting that former midfielder Xavi Hernandez had been approached to replace the Dutchman as coach.
Speaking ahead of Saturday's La Liga trip to Eibar, Koeman said that he and his squad deserved more support.
Barcelona agree world-record fee for Manchester City and England star Walsh - reports
"In the last month you need to respect your coach and players more. Things have come out in the press and they don't deserve that kind of treatment, things should be done differently," Koeman told a news conference on Friday.
I know there's a lot of pressure here and I accept this, but sometimes I think in this country there's much more of a culture with the media getting involved with a coach's future, which I think is disrespectful.
The 58-year-old also admitted that he has not felt backed by the board despite the fact he has had to endure a turbulent season and at times answer questions on their behalf.
"In the last part of the season I've not felt the support of the club. We've not spoken about the future. There's been times when I've had to be a spokesman for the club and that should be noted," he said.
"I know we need to make changes in order to win trophies and if that means a new coach or players then fine; but it needs to be communicated.
I don't know if I will continue as coach, to be honest. I've not spoken with the president.
Barca can at best finish third in La Liga this season, behind table toppers Atletico Madrid and arch-rivals Real Madrid
‘He can mark an era’ – Xavi delighted with Barcelona debutant Kounde
'We are waiting' - Kounde to miss Sociedad trip as Barcelona still unable to register him
Share this article