Brazil confirm 2014 bid
Brazil will officially announce that they are bidding for the 2014 FIFA World Cup on Wednesday.
The president of the countries football association, Ricardo Teixeira, confirmed the South American country’s intentions to TV Globo on Tuesday.
“Tomorrow (Wednesday) we'll enter our bid to host the World Cup, that is also the will of the Brazilian people,” he said.
Brazil has hosted the World Cup once before in 1950, when they were surprisingly beaten by Uruguay in 2014.
Earlier this month, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said Brazil's staging of the 2014 World Cup was not a foregone conclusion despite a commitment from the Association to rotate future tournaments around the continental confederations.
The 2010 World Cup will be held in South Africa.