Ronnie O'Sullivan hits 900th career century in semi-final win over Anthony Hamilton
Ronnie O'Sullivan completed a 6-2 win over Anthony Hamilton to reach the Champion of Champions final in Coventry.
The five-times world champion hit his 900th career century as he recovered from a poor start, and going 2-0 down, to take six frames on the trot.
O'Sullivan picked up breaks of 124 and 109 in frames three and five after the two tightly contested opening encounters on the way to Sunday's final, where he will face either Shaun Murphy or Luca Brecel, who beat Mark Selby in his group final earlier in the week.
He told ITV4: "I'm really pleased to get through. I know how good he can be. If I miss I know he can clean up.
" At 2-0 down I was just thinking, 'life's good, you've got plenty going on...' but that made me relax and it came good."
The Champion of Champions is an invitational event contested between the winners of the season's major tournaments over the past year starting from world champion Selby's victory at the UK Championship last December.
The second semi-final will take place on Saturday.
Champion of Champions results/schedule
Group Four fixtures (Thursday November 9)
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Neil Robertson
- John Higgins 4-0 Anthony McGill
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-0 John Higgins
Group Three fixtures (Wednesday November 8)
- Mark Selby 4-3 Liang Wenbo
- Judd Trump 0-4 Luca Brecel
- Mark Selby 4-6 Luca Brecel
Group Two results (Tuesday November 7)
- Marco Fu 3-4 Michael White
- Shaun Murphy 4-2 Mark King
- Final (best of 11 frames)
- Michael White 4-6 Shaun Murphy
Group One results (Monday November 8)
- Ding Junhui 2-4 Anthony Hamilton
- Barry Hawkins 2-4 Ryan Day
- Anthony Hamilton 6-4 Ryan Day
Semi-finals (best of 11 frames)
- Friday November 10
- Anthony Hamilton 2-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
- Saturday November 11
- Shaun Murphy v Luca Brecel
- Final (best of 19 frames)
- Sunday November 12