The Hong Kong Masters is returning for the first time in five years as Ronnie O’Sullivan returns to the World Snooker Tour once more for some high-profile matches featuring other big names.
The tournament, which hasn’t been staged since 2017, is being staged at the Hong Kong Coliseum venue over four days, beginning on Thursday, October 6, with eight players competing for the £100,000 first prize.
The non-ranking event is organised by Hong Kong Billiard Sports Control Council and is set to be the first major sports event staged by the Asian city since the pandemic in 2020.
Scottish Open LIVE - Trump, Higgins, O'Sullivan and Robertson all in action
Judd Trump, John Higgins, Marco Fu, Mark Selby, Mark Williams, Ng On Yee and Neil Robertson join O'Sullivan in playing at the exciting event.
When and where is the Hong Kong Masters 2022?
The Hong Kong Masters will be held at the Hong Kong Coliseum venue from Thursday, October 6 to Sunday, October 9.
The Hong Kong Coliseum is the largest indoor stadium in the city, boasting a capacity of 10,000.
How to watch the Hong Kong Masters 2022
Eurosport have the rights to showcase the Hong Kong Masters in the UK with coverage from 06.30 and 12.00 each day from Thursday, October 6, to Friday, October 9.
You can watch all the action live on Eurosport and discovery+.
Daily reports and news will be published online at eurosport.co.uk.
- 'He's the greatest player to ever play our game' - Selby hails 'incredible' O'Sullivan
- 'I was so upset I couldn’t eat anything' – O'Sullivan conqueror reveals sad reason for weight loss
- O'Sullivan's 'selfishness' makes him a winner, Hearn tells The Breakdown
'A time-healing process' - O'Sullivan says he is targeting Hong Kong comeback at SGP in Cardiff
What is the format at Hong Kong Masters 2022?
The quarter-finals on October 6 and 7 will be best-of-nine frames, then the two semi-finals and the final on October 8 and 9 are best-of-11 frames.
What is the Hong Kong Masters 2022 schedule? (UK time)
- Thursday, October 6 - Quarter finals: Mark Selby v Marco Fu – 06:30; Judd Trump v John Higgins – 12 noon
- Friday, October 7 - Quarter-finals: Neil Robertson v Mark Williams – 06:30; Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ng On Yee – 12 noon
- Saturday, October 8 - Semi-finals: Marco Fu v John Higgins – 06:30am; Neil Robertson v Ronnie O'Sullivan – 12 noon
- Sunday, October 9 – Exhibition match – 06.00; Final – 12 noon
- Mark Selby v Marco Fu
- Neil Robertson v Mark Williams
- Judd Trump v John Higgins
- Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ng On Yee
Thursday October 6
6:30 (UK time)
- Mark Selby 2-5 Marco Fu
- Judd Trump 4-5 John Higgins
Friday October 7
- Neil Robertson 5-3 Mark Williams
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-0 Ng On Yee
Saturday October 8
- Marco Fu 6-5 John Higgins
- Neil Robertson 4-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Sunday October 9
- Marco Fu 4-6 Ronnie O'Sullivan
- - -
Stream top snooker action live on discovery+ and eurosport.co.uk
Scottish Open 2022 – Latest scores, results, schedule, order of play
Murphy, Ding and Higgins lose German Masters qualifiers as shocks continue
Share this article