World champion Ronnie O'Sullivan will meet Lukas Kleckers in the first round of the Northern Ireland Open in Belfast on Sunday 16 October.
A qualifying round will be staged at Robin Park Leisure Centre in Wigan later this month (23-28 August), but O'Sullivan and the rest of the world's top 16 will play their opening matches at the city's Waterfront Hall – staging the tournament for a fifth year – LIVE on Eurosport.
O'Sullivan has faced Germany's world No. 112 Kleckers twice – winning 4-2 on each occasion – including victory at the same stage of the Northern Ireland Open five years ago when Kleckers made a sparkling 137 break in response to 126 from the Rocket.
Northern Ireland Open
'Playing for fun' – Robertson reveals why he is missing from action
Mark Selby meets 12-time women's world champion Reanne Evans in his opening match with Mark Allen beginning the defence of the title against Chang Bingyu.
Two local players will also play a wild card round at the final venue with world No. 22 Zhou Yuelong awaiting the winner of that contest.
‘Oh, wow! What can you say?’ – O’Sullivan’s top 10 shots from 2021
World No. 2 Judd Trump takes on veteran campaigner Rod Lawler, 2021 finalist John Higgins meets Fergal O'Brien with 2017 champion Mark Williams facing Peter Lines.
All matches are the best of seven frames with the quarter-finals increasing to the best of nine, the semi-finals the best of 11 before a best-of-17 frame final on Sunday 23 October.
The Northern Ireland Open is the first tournament of the 2022/23 Home Nations Series with the English Open, Scottish Open and Welsh Open all live on Eurosport.
- Who does O'Sullivan face at British Open? Williams defends title
- O'Sullivan to face namesake O'Sullivan as Trump discovers opponent
Top 16 matches at Northern Ireland Open
- Ronnie O'Sullivan v Lukas Kleckers
- Judd Trump v Rod Lawler
- Mark Selby v Reanne Evans
- Neil Robertson v Fraser Patrick
- John Higgins v Fergal O'Brien
- Kyren Wilson v Ken Doherty
- Mark Williams v Peter Lines
- Zhao Xintong v Lyu Haotian
- Jack Lisowski v Li Hang
- Barry Hawkins v Anthony Hamilton
- Shaun Murphy v Xu Si
- Mark Allen v Chang Bingyu
- Luca Brecel v Joe O'Connor
- Yan Bingtao v Liang Wenbo
- Ricky Walden v Xiao Guodong
- Stuart Bingham v Allan Taylor
O'Sullivan in line to join Fu and Ng at Hong Kong Masters
Who are the top 50 greatest break-builders of all time?
Share this article