The main draw for a major tournament is always exciting - both for fans and for the players involved. On Thursday morning, snooker fans found out the draw for the first round of the World Championship.
Ronnie O'Sullivan the reigning world champion is seeded first whilst the world number one Judd Trump is second. Former world champions Neil Robertson and Mark Selby are seeded third and fourth respectively.
O'Sullivan, who is seeded number one for the famous tournament in Sheffield, has come agonisingly close in five finals so far this season.
Williams blows away ‘fourth son’ Page to reach last eight with session to spare
- Bingham sets up Brecel showdown for Crucible spot
- 'Crucible seat isn't worth risk' – O’Sullivan proud of mum after Covid-19 battle
- Did Heathcote mean his 'most extraordinary shot in history'?
World Championship first round draw
- Ronnie O'Sullivan Eng (1) v Mark Joyce
- Anthony McGill Sco (16) v Ricky Walden
- Neil Robertson Aus (3) v Liang Wenbo
- Jack Lisowski Eng (14) v Ali Carter
- Barry Hawkins Eng (11) v Matthew Selt
- Kyren Wison Aus (16) v Gary Wilson
- John Higgins Sco (5) v Tian Pengfei
- Mark Williams Wal (12) v Sam Craigie
- Mark Allen Eng (13) v Lyu Haotian
- Mark Selby Eng (4) v Kurt Maflin
- Shaun Murphy Eng (7) v Mark Davis
- Yan Bingtao Chn (10) v Martin Gould
- Ding Junhui Chn (7) v Stuart Bingham
- Stephen Maguire Sco (8) v Jamie Jones
- David Gilbert Eng (15) v Chris Wakelin
- Judd Trump Eng (2) v Liam Highfield
You can watch every match of the World Championship live and ad-free on the Eurosport App and eurosport.co.uk. Download the Eurosport app now for iOS and Android.
‘Knock me off my perch’ – O’Sullivan’s message to those who want him to quit
‘I’ve not been able to take them off!’ - O’Sullivan on his new glasses
Share this article