The Swiss, who is top seed this week in the principality, slammed the lack of communication of the men's governing body.
"The ATP is moving really fast at the moment. Many of the players, we've had a letter signed several times about the ATP and the ITF about certain issues," Federer said.
"I mean, issues like here in Monaco, with the 2009 calendar, and then obviously also things with the ITF, the weeks of Davis Cup. They don't seem to understand what we have to say, so we would just like to address this issue through the media for a change," he added.
Monte Carlo Masters
Nadal claims first serve the key
22/04/2007 AT 17:17
"It's just a little scream for help. We're just not happy with the last few months. The players' meeting in Miami was a big disappointment for all of us.
"We had many issues on the table and we couldn't really discuss them at all, and decisions are being taken very soon for 2009, and we would just like to have a little say as well."
Earlier this month, Monte Carlo organisers filed an antitrust lawsuit against the ATP over its plans to downgrade the tournament from a Masters Series event.
The Hamburg claycourt event also filed a lawsuit over plans to downgrade it as the ATP are reshuffling the calendar from 2009 with Madrid moving from its present spot in October to become a spring claycourt Masters Series.
"It's been difficult, we've had a change at the top of ATP, we've been trying to talk to him (chairman Etienne de Villiers). I've had many, many meetings with him," said Federer.
"Of course he has his ideas. I wish he would just listen a little bit more to what we have to say.
"We've had a lot of issues with them (the ITF) as well, letters signed to them, told them what we think are the best Davis Cup weeks.
"They seem to respond that they know better than we do. They're not in the tennis shorts playing on the court and knowing how demanding Davis Cup and the ATP circuit is."
French Open champion Rafael Nadal, who was sitting beside Federer during Monday's news conference, ruled out the possibility of a strike.
"We want things to change but in a good way," he said. Croatian Ivan Ljubicic, a French Open semi-finalist last year, believes the ATP is acting in the interest of the American tournaments at the expense of the European players.
"It's disappointing to see it's going to be downgraded," Ljubicic said of the Monte Carlo tournament.
"Are they afraid of U.S. tournaments? It was never an idea to touch anything over there. European players are the ones paying the price."
The towering Croatian also criticised the American players for their lack of support.
"The Americans never come here. For us it's not easy to go to Key Biscayne and Indian Wells, playing two tournaments in two weeks," he said.
World number nine James Blake and Andy Roddick, who is third in the ATP rankings, have pulled out of the Monte Carlo event.
Monte Carlo Masters
Fed: Rafa forces me to improve
22/04/2007 AT 16:39
Monte Carlo Masters
Nadal wins third Monte Carlo title
22/04/2007 AT 12:17