Tearful Jake Dixon takes maiden win at Knockhill
An emotional Jake Dixon won his first-ever British Superbike race with a superb performance at Knockhill.
The 21-year-old hit the front on the first lap after a big wobble from polesitter Luke Mossey.
Dixon showed no sign of nerves as he guided his RAF Kawasaki to victory, but tears flowed after the chequered flag.
Mossey came in second, while Ducati's Shakey Byrne held off Jason O'Halloran by just half a second to take the bottom step of the podium.
A standout performance from Bradley Ray ended in disappointment, as the Suzuki rider crashed out while on course for a top six finish.
BRITISH SUPERBIKES - KNOCKHILL RACE 1
- 1-Jake Dixon (Kawasaki)
- 2-Luke Mossey (Kawasaki) +3.740
- 3-Shane Byrne (Ducati) +6.159
- 4-Jason O'Halloran (Honda) +6.670
- 5-Taylor McKenzie (Suzuki) +9.907
- 6-Peter Hickman (BMW) +13.730
- 7-John Hopkins (Ducati) +15.038
- 8-Sylvain Guintoli (Suzuki) +17.152
- 9-Lee Jackson (BMW) +17.481
- 10-Michael Laverty (Yamaha) +21.952
- 11-Tommy Bridewell (Kawasaki) +23.412
- 12-Jakub Smrz (BMW) +23.841
- 13-James Westmoreland (Kawasaki) +27.251
- 14-Aaron Zanotti (Yamaha) +1 lap