Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg took the lead after the first run with a time of 1:02.76 with USA’s Mikaela Shiffrin just behind on 1:02.81, fresh from her victory in the slalom on Thursday.
Slovenia’s Tina Robnik came in third in the first run with a slightly wider margin of 1:02.88, though a slower second run saw her slip way back into 11th place.
Brignone edges Shiffrin and Rebensburg for GS win
Brignone bettered her first run of 1:02.93, finishing with a total time of 2:05.52 beating Rebensburg by just 0.04 seconds to claim her sixth World Cup title.
The only Brit competing, Alexandra Tilley finished dropped back to 24th place after finishing the first run in 17th.
1. Federica Brignone (ITA) 2:05.52
2. Viktoria Rebensburg (GER) 2:05.56 +0.04
3. Mikaela Shiffrin (USA) 2:05.60 +0.08
4. Tessa Worley (FRA) 2:05.78 +0.26
5. Stephanie Brunner (AUT) 2:5.85 +0.33
6. Ana Drev (SLO) 2:06.05 +0.53
7. Petra Vlhova (SVK) 2:06.12 ++0.60
8. Meta Hrovat (SLO) 2:06.25 +0.73
9. Ragnhild Mowinckel (NOR) 2:06.69 +1.17
10. Lara Gut (SUI) 2:06.76 +1.24
Rebensburg leads Shiffrin after first leg of GS
Slalom master Shiffrin completes another World Cup win