Ronnie O'Sullivan eases into Scottish Open quarter-finals
Ronnie O'Sullivan enjoyed a convincing 4-1 win over Michael White to secure a possible meeting with John Higgins in the Scottish Open quarter-finals.
O'Sullivan was never challenged against White, who he defeated 4-1 in the third round on his way to winning a sixth UK Championship last week making breaks of 92 and 75 to progress.
He will face Higgins in the last eight on Friday night if the four-times world champion beats Ashley Hugill in his last-16 match.
O'Sullivan had battled back from trailing 3-2 to complete a 4-3 win over world number 36 Li Hang in the last 32 of the Scottish Open earlier in the day.
O’Sullivan opened with a break of 70, winning the first frame by 97 points, but Li followed up by restoring parity with a knock of 57 in the second.
O’Sullivan rolled home a lovely break of 103 for a 2-1 lead before appearing to nod off between the third and fourth frames. Li made 53 to level at 2-2 before dominating the fifth to leaving O’Sullivan a frame away from defeat.
O’Sullivan has won three ranking tournaments in the last three months including the Shanghai Masters, English Open and UK Championship where he equalled the record of Steve Davis.
SCOTTISH OPEN - LAST 16 RESULTS
- Elliot Slessor 3-4 Judd Trump
- John Higgins 4-0 Ashley Hugill
- Tom Ford 0-4 Cao Yupeng
- David Grace 2-4 Neil Robertson
- Xiao Guodong 4-3 Marco Fu
- Stephen Maguire 4-1 Xu Si
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Michael White
- Rory McLeod 3-4 Ricky Walden
LAST 32 RESULTS
- Gerard Green 0-4 John Higgins
- Michael Holt 0-4 Judd Trump
- Peter Ebdon 3-4 Elliot Slessor
- Stephen Maguire 4-3 Yan Bingtao
- Rory McLeod 4-3 Ding Junhui
- Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-3 Li Hang
- Kyren Wilson 1-4 Michael White
- Ricky Walden 4-1 Mark Joyce
- Zhang Anda 3-4 David Grace
- Peter Lines 1-4 Ashley Hugill
- Neil Robertson 4-0 Chris Totten
- Noppon Saengkham 1-4 Xiao Guodong
- Xu Si 4-2 Craig Steadman
- Daniel Wells 3-4 Cao Yupeng
- Zhou Yuelong 3-4 Marco Fu