The British number one has lost her last five matches, most recently a 6-1 6-2 thrashing by Monica Niculescu in the opening round of the China Open on Sunday.

Eurosport Player One Year Pass for just £29.99

The move is said to be precautionary, with Konta still intending to play in the Kremlin Cup in Moscow the following week.
WTA Hong Kong
Pavlyuchenkova beats Gavrilova in Hong Kong final
15/10/2017 AT 18:46
The 26-year-old said: "I'm very disappointed to have to withdraw from next week's Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open. I was really looking forward to being part of this fantastic event again and seeing more of the wonderful city of Hong Kong.

Johanna Konta of Great Britain plays a backhand during the match against Ashleigh Barty of Australia on Day 2 of 2017 Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open at Optics Valley International Tennis Center on September 25, 2017 in Wuhan, China

Image credit: Getty Images

"I want to wish everyone involved in the tournament a happy and successful one. I look forward to hopefully seeing you all next year."
Despite her poor form, Konta is hanging onto the eighth and final qualifying spot for the WTA Finals in Singapore later this month, with her rivals so far unable to capitalise.
Kristina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Coco Vandeweghe also lost early in Beijing, with Wuhan Open champion Caroline Garcia now looking the main danger.
Konta missed out on a debut appearance 12 months ago when Kuznetsova won the Kremlin Cup to overtake her at the last moment.
WTA Hong Kong
Svitolina and Williams progress to second round of Hong Kong Open
10/10/2017 AT 15:02
WTA Hong Kong
Stosur made to work hard to advance in Hong Kong
09/10/2017 AT 13:11