Bartosz Zmarzlik topped qualifying in Teterow on Saturday, narrowly beating out Robert Lambert. Zmarzlik makes it four out of four, being the only man to top a qualifying session so far this season.
Leon Madsen had taken the lead early on before Great Britain’s Tai Woffinden went in front. However, Woffinden ended the session fifth fastest with Madsen down in seventh.
After that Zmarzlik started to get into the groove, exchanging the lead with Lambert and it was the Polish star who ended up on top with a time of 14.399.
'I tip my hat to him' - Top Rider Thomsen dazzles en route to SGP win in Gorzow
- Speedway GP Teterow qualifying as it happened
- 'Hopefully we can bring the next golden era' - Michelsen gunning for world title
- Speedway GP Prague Recap: Vaculik roars to victory
That gave him his choice of gate for the main event and he selected group 13 up front, a change from his usual 5. Lambert snapped up 5 and the third-placed Maciej Janowski went with 4.
Elsewhere, Anders Thomsen had a disappointing afternoon, being the man who was bottom of the pack. He'll be hoping he can turn his fortune around in tonight's main event.
Last weekend's winner in Prague, Martin Vaculik, was the ninth fastest man and went with 12 during the draw.
Qualifying and Draw Result
- 1 – Bartosz Zmarzlik (Poland) – 13
- 2 – Robert Lambert (United Kingdom) - 5
- 3 – Maciej Janowski (Poland) - 4
- 4 – Dan Bewley (United Kingdom) - 14
- 5 – Tai Woffinden (United Kingdom) - 9
- 6 – Max Fricke (Australia) - 2
- 7 – Leon Madsen (Denmark) - 1
- 8 – Fredrik Lindgren (Sweden) - 8
- 9 – Martin Vaculík (Slovakia) - 12
- 10 – Patryk Dudek (Poland) - 11
- 11 – Kai Huckenbeck (Germany) - 10
- 12 – Jack Holder (Australia) - 6
- 13 – Jason Doyle (Australia) - 7
- 14 – Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark) - 15
- 15 – Paweł Przedpełski (Poland) - 16
- 16 - Anders Thomsen (Denmark) - 3
The 2022 Speedway Grand Prix will be available live and ad-free on discovery+ with live race action also on Eurosport 2.
'I need to crash again!' - Thomsen jokes after SGP Gorzow win
‘People said he shouldn’t be riding!’ – Thomsen powers to SGP win in Gorzow
Share this article