Cincinnati Masters organisers said on Thursday that they plan to operate the August tournament in the city and at full capacity for fans.
The Cincinnati Masters was held without fans in a bio-secure bubble after organisers were forced to move the tournament to Flushing Meadows before last year's U.S. Open due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
"In keeping with the guidance from local government officials, we are eager to welcome fans back to the Western & Southern Open," the tournament's Chief Operating Officer Katie Haas said in a statement.
ATP Cincinnati
Djokovic makes history after beating Raonic in Western & Southern Open final
29/08/2020 AT 19:28
Nadal, Djokovic and Federer in same half of French Open
"The fans bring so much energy and excitement to our event, and we dearly missed them last year. We look forward to returning to Cincinnati and welcoming our fans at this year's tournament."
Organisers said tickets for the tournament, which runs from Aug. 14-22, are set to go on sale on June 3.
ATP Cincinnati
Djokovic survives scare against Bautista Agut to keep up unbeaten year
28/08/2020 AT 22:16
ATP Cincinnati
S&W Open semi-finals postponed in protest at racial injustice
27/08/2020 AT 09:23