Reports broke on Friday evening that Costa had been dropped by Chelsea following a bust-up at the training ground amid rumours of a big money offer from China.
- ‘Unsettled’ Costa dropped for Leicester game after training ground row
- Best Tweets: Chinese club ready to offer Costa £576,000-a-week deal
Vardy not ruling out England return with Kane and Rashford injured
Mendes, Costa's agent, met with the chairman of the Chinese club Tianjian Quanjian Shu Yuhui on Friday.
The full report in the Standard says that Tianjian have one more berth for a foreign player, and they want a world-class player to fill that gap.
The 28-year-old reportedly clashed with medical staff over the severity of a recurring back injury.
Costa, the Premier League's leading scorer with 14 goals, will miss Saturday's game following a disagreement with Chelsea manager Antonio Conte and a club fitness coach Julio Tous, reports claim.
Jorge Mendes - 2015
Image credit: AFP
Costa is said to have not trained with the rest of the squad for the past three days after a row with Tous over the extent of an injury he was complaining of.
It comes at a time when he has reportedly been offered a contract worth £30 million-a-year with Chelsea to be offered a transfer fee of £80 million.
Paper Round: Dybala not interested in Man Utd, Bayern lead Ramsey chase
Paper Round: Real draw up January shortlist, Roma cast doubt on Ramsey move